Welcome! I am so glad you are here! I'm Haley, a mother to three beautiful girls and wife to an amazing husband. My love for photography started in collage but grew after the birth of my first child. I wanted to capture every moment and began learning as much as I could about photography. Since then I registered for my business license, opened my own studio in Shpeherdstown, WV, taken classes from industry leading professionals, watched my photography business grow and became an award winning photographer! I LOVE being a photographer but if you want to find out more about me and my other passions keep reading!
10 Fact About Me
1. I love coffee! It is what gets me out of bed in the morning but I often forget to drink it! It is not uncommon for me to make 3 pots a day and only drink 2 cups! I just get too wrapped up in work or the kids and forget to drink it! But at the same time I can't live without it!
3. Before I was a photographer I was a teacher! I taught preschool and then went on to teach for Washington County Public Schools! I left teaching after I had my twins to be able to stay home with them. I started my business a year after they were born and told myself if my business wasn't successful once they started preschool I would go back to teaching. They started Kindergarten this year and while I do miss the kids I have no plans to go back to teaching at this time!
2. I have 3 daughters a 10 year old Callie and twin 6 year olds Emery and Sophia! I never in my wildest dreams thought I would have twins and to tell you the truth I never wanted twins because I thought it would be hard work. Turns out I knew what I was saying! It has been challenging but also hugely rewarding and I couldn't imagine not having them in my life!
4. I'm a soccer mom and maybe a gymnastics mom! My daughter Callie is in her 5th year of soccer. She plays goalie for Epic 06 United and loves every minute of it! When I am not shooting a session or wedding you can find me on the soccer field cheering her on! The twins also play soccer but they are starting to really get into gymnastics. So, my time might soon be split between the soccer field and the gym!
5. I love to travel! I have no problem loading the car up and driving across country. I love traveling to new places! I recently traveled to Minnesota to 2nd shoot for my good friend and shot an engagement session in Colorado. I would love to travel around Europe and shoot sessions, weddings or just explore!
6. I have one fur baby named Winnie Cooper. Yes, she is named after the Wonder Years character! Winnie is a black lab mix we rescued at 4 weeks old. She was 1.5lbs when we got her and the vet said there was a 50/50 chance she wouldn't survive. But, she did! She is now 2 years old, 48lbs, and extremely loved!
7. I LOVE eating and shopping local! Being a business owner I know the value of having people support my business and I love supporting great local businesses plus the food and products are always better! Because of me my Facebook and Instagram followers know where to find the best donuts in Morgantown, amazing popcorn in Shepherdstown, and the best coffee ever at Black Dog! Be sure to follow me to find out about more awesome family business!
8. I love fresh flowers. I usually pick some up once a week. If you hear me unexpectedly squeal at a session it is usually because we have come across an unexpected field of flowers!
9. I love Christmas! I love everything about Christmas! Yes, I am that annoying person who puts their tree up in November and sings along to the Christmas carols playing in the stores! I love the lights, the decorations, the smells, the spirit of the season and the Halmark movies!
10. I love to bake! I love whipping up cakes, cookies, and pies in the kitchen. But, I am not really into cooking which actually works because my husband loves to cook and he is really good at it!